Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory 05-Jan-2009 03:19 -
antlibs/ 08-Jan-2007 11:32 -
binaries/ 09-Jul-2008 16:24 -
common/ 05-Jul-2008 15:55 -
ivy/ 05-Nov-2008 03:55 -
ivyde/ 08-Dec-2008 21:12 -
source/ 09-Jul-2008 17:28 -
KEYS 05-Nov-2008 05:07 57k
RELEASE-NOTES-1.7.1.html 09-Jul-2008 16:19 8k Release Notes of Apache Ant 1.7.1
ant-current-bin.zip 09-Jul-2008 16:19 11.1M
ant-current-bin.zip.asc 09-Jul-2008 16:19 1k
ant-current-src.zip 09-Jul-2008 16:19 9.2M
ant-current-src.zip.asc 09-Jul-2008 17:28 1k
Release Notes of Apache Ant 1.7.1
- String resources only have properties single expanded. If you relied on
<string> resources being expanded more than once, it no longer happens.
Bugzilla report 42277.
- A String resource's encoding attribute was only taken into account when
set from the resource's OutputStream; the InputStream provided the String's
binary content according to the platform's default encoding. Behavior has
been modified to encode outgoing (InputStream) content as well as encoding
incoming (OutputStream) content.
- <java> with fork now returns gives -1 instead of 0 as result when failonerror
is false and some exception (including timeout) occurs. Br 42377.
- ant-type attribute has been marked as deprecated and a warning has been
issued if it is encountered in the build file.
- FileUtils.createTempFile now actually creates the file.
The TempFile task still does not create the file by default, can be instructed
to do so however using a new parameter.
Bugzilla report 33969.
- The default logger was failing to print complete stack traces for exceptions
other than BuildException, thus omitting often important diagnostic
information. Bugzilla 43398.
- Error in FTP task
Bugzilla report 41724
- Regression: Locator fails with URI encoding problem when spaces in path
Bugzilla report 42222
- Regression in Locator: running Ant off a network share does not work:
message "URI has authority component" appears
Bugzilla report 42275
- Improvements in AntClassLoader Speed.
Bugzilla report 42259
- Error in handling of some permissions, most notably the AllPermission on
Bugzilla report 41776
- Replace task summary output incorrect.
Bugzilla report 41544
- Dependset crashes ant when timestamp on files change during Dependset
Bugzilla report 41284
- Bug in org.apache.tools.ant.types.resources.comparators.Date
Bugzilla report 41411
- <junit> in Ant 1.7.0 could throw NPE if no <classpath> was defined.
Bugzilla report 41422.
- In Ant 1.7.0, <fileset> in <javadoc> does not by default include only
**/*.java as the documentation claims and earlier revisions did.
Bugzilla report 41264.
- SPI support in jar was broken.
Bugzilla report 41201.
- jsch-0.1.30 causes SCP task to hang
Bugzilla report 41090.
- Target from imported file listed twice in projecthelp.
Bugzilla report 41226.
- <sql> task double-expands properties if expandproperties is true,
and expands properties if expandproperties is false.
Bugzilla report 41204.
- Rolling back Bugzilla 32927 (set a default description for a javadoc tag
if not set) as it caused a BC problem.
Bugzilla report 41268.
- <apt> forks properly and so memory settings are picked up.
Bug report 41280.
- Regression: NPE was thrown when using <pathconvert> against a
(third-party instantiated) fileset with null Project reference.
- Strip out all -J arguments to non forking rmic adapters, specifically
the Sun and Weblogic compilers.
Bug report 41349
- Synchonization issues in PropertyHelper. Bugzilla 41353.
- <concat binary="true" append="true"> did not append. Bugzilla 41399.
- -autoproxy turns Java1.5+ automatic proxy support on. Bugzilla 41904
- Handle null result of system getProperty(). Bugzilla 42334.
- Regression: concat fixlastline="true" should not have applied to
nested text, but did in Ant 1.7.0. Bugzilla 42369.
- Regression: ant.version was not passed down in <ant>, <subant>.
This worked in Ant 1.6.5, but not in 1.7.0.
ant.core.lib (added in 1.7.0) was also not being propagated.
Bugzilla bug 42263
- Regression: bzip2 task created corrupted output files for some inputs.
Bugzilla bug 41596.
- Regression: <available> with <filepath> did not work.
- ant script, cd may output to stdout.
- Modified selector doesn't update the cache if only one file has changed.
- Regression: Path subclasses that overrode list() stopped working in
resourceCollection contexts in Ant 1.7.0. Bugzilla 42967.
- War task failed with "No WEB-INF/web.xml file was added" when called
a second time. Bugzilla 43121.
- FilterMapper could throw an NPE.
- Regession nested macrodefs with elements could cause StackOverFlow.
- <touch> task couldn't differentiate between "no resources specified" and "no resources
matched." Bugzilla report 43799.
- Some changes to <junit> broke third party tasks that extend it (like
Apache Cactus' Ant task). The changes have been modified so that
subclases should now work again - without any changes to the
- Various small optimizations speed up common tasks such as <javac> on large
filesets, reducing both I/O and CPU usage.
- Profiling logger has been added with basic profiling capabilities.
- <script> now has basic support for JavaFX scripts
- SSH task can now take a command parameter containing the commands to execute.
This allows you to connect to a server and execute a number of commands
without constantly reconnecting for each command.
- Upgraded XML API to XML commons version 1.3.04.
- Upgraded to Xerces 2.9.0
- <script> can now work with bsf.jar and js.jar in its <classpath>.
- add errorProperty and updatedProperty to <javac>
Bugzilla 35637 and 28941.
- add classpathref attribute to <whichresource>
- reduce logging noise of <apply skipemptyfilesets="true">
- Show Previous Revision in the tagdiff.xsl stylesheet
- Allow <mapper refid> to refer directly to a FileNameMapper instance.
- If you try and use a type in a namespace (or an antlib), and the type is not
recognized but there are other definitions in that namespace, Ant lists what
the known definitions are. This helps you find spelling errors.
- Add a <last> resource collection, corresponding to <first>.
- Add new <truncate> task.
- <junitreport> xsl stylesheets allow setting the title used in <title> and <h1> tags by
using <report><param> element. Bugzilla 41742.
- Add IgnoreDependenciesExecutor for weird cases when the user wants to run
only the targets explicitly specified.
- Patternset allows nested inverted patternsets using <invert>.
- <manifest> checks for validity of attribute names.
- JUnitVersionHelper.getTestCaseClassName is now public. Bugzilla 42231
- <string> resource supports nested text. Bugzilla bug 42276
- <scriptdef> now sources scripts from nested resources/resource collections. This lets you
define scripts in JARs, remote URLs, or any other supported resource. Bugzilla report 41597.
- <concat> is now usable as a single-element ResourceCollection.
- It is now possible to provide the value of a <striplinecomments> filter's
<comment> nested element as nested text instead of using the 'value'
- A new logger, BigProjectLogger, lists the project name with every target
- Default text added to macrodef. Bugzilla report 42301.
- "rawblobs" attribute added to SQL task.
- Add new retry task container.
- <jar> has a new strict attribute that checks if the jar complies with
the jar packaging version specification.
- <javac> has a new attribute - includeDestClasses.
- <fileset> has a new attribute - errorOnMissingDir.
- <javac> handles package-info.java files, there were repeatedly compiled.